On March 23rd of 2004, the National Institute of Culture of Peru (INC) declared Cebiche as Cultural Heritage, and afterwards on 2008 the Ministry of Production (PRODUCE) declared June 28th as the Cebiche Day.
This year Cebiche Day is going to be celebrated for first time all around the country with several activities, including gastronomic festivals where people will enjoy the different regional variations of this delicious and trditional dish. The main celebration will be held at the fishers' pier in Chorrillos, where the Minister of Production will be present.
- Cebiche’s National Day to be celebrated tomorrow in Chorrillos. ANDINA, June 27th of 2009.
- Este domingo se celebrará el día del cebiche. El Comercio. June 26th of 2008.
- Piura, Tumbes to prepare huge dish during Cebiche’s National Day. ANDINA, June 26th of 2009.
- Trout cebiche tasting event on Cebiche’s National Day in Peru. ANDINA, June 25th of 2009.
- Peruvians to celebrate National Cebiche Day on June 28. ANDINA, June 22nd of 2009.
- El cebiche más grande del mundo es peruano (The biggest cebiche in the world is Peruvian). El Comercio, December 8th of 2009.