Every May 30th Peru celebrates the Potato National Day, which was established in 2005 (Resolución Suprema Nº 009-2005-AG) to reinforce the Peruvian identity of a product originated in the Andes that became a very important food source for the entire world.
- International Year of the Potato
- International Potato Center
- I Congreso Nacional de la Papa (I Potato National Congress). Huancayo, Peru. 20 - 23 of May, 2008
- National Museum will open potato related exhibition on May 30. May 28 of 2008, RPP Noticias.
- Cusco to celebrate Potato National Day with parade and gastronomy festival. May 28 of 2008, ANDINA.
- Potato Exhibition, May 21 of 2008, Peru Taste
- Peruvian potato project won the World Challenge 2007. September 11 of 2007, Peru Taste